|Page (1) of 1 - 02/16/17||email article||print page|
DMN Newswire--2017-2-16--Fremont, CA - February 16, 2017 - Blackmagic Design would like to congratulate all the 2017 Oscar nominated films and the production professionals whose hard work and creativity helped bring them to life. Blackmagic Design is honored that its Pocket Cinema Camera digital film camera, as well as its DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, grading and finishing solution, were used on some of this year's Oscar nominated films, including "Hacksaw Ridge," "Arrival" and "Moonlight."
Some of the 2017 Oscar nominated films that used Blackmagic Design products include:
- "4.1 Miles" graded with DaVinci Resolve by Colorist Chris O'Dea;
- "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Stefan Sonnenfeld of Deluxe's Company 3;
- "Arrival" graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Joe Gawler of Harbor Picture Company;
- "Fire at Sea" graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Andrea Orsini of Grande Mela Film;
- "Hacksaw Ridge" featured several action scenes shot on Pocket Cinema Cameras by DP Simon Duggan;
- "Joe's Violin" graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Erik Choquette of Outpost Digital, the post facility for RadicalMedia;
- "Moonlight" graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Alex Bickel of Color Collective;
- "Nocturnal Animals" graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Siggy Ferstl of Deluxe's Company 3;
- "Silence" graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Tim Stipan of Deluxe's Company 3; and
- "Tanna" graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist CJ Dobson.
Product photos of Pocket Cinema Camera, DaVinci Resolve Studio and all other Blackmagic Design products are available at www.blackmagicdesign.com/press/images.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world's highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design's DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company's Emmy award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com.
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved